You Are My Sunshine...

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The First Time, Revisited

Creative Commons Licence
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Canada License.

The First Time, Revisited

The first time ever I saw your face
It did not have porcupine quills in it.
I'd likely still to have fallen in love 
And pay the vet bill without complaint. 

But next time you see a prickly critter
Please decline and just get out of there,  
I know you think they might be good to eat
But you're wrong. That's all there is to it.

Alas and alack, I doubt that  you care.
Porcupine is just too tempting a fare.
I'll  always love you, of that have no doubt,
But these pesky encounters I can sure do without!


So it ain't quite poetry, just very bad verse
but give me some credit:  I didn't curse.
( Rick did...)







4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woops... Didn't mean to remove the whole comment Darlyne. Just that part you obviously didn't intend to be included in this blog. Here is Darlyne's comment:

    re: porcupine poem
    no comment
    darlyne

    and thanks. Its nice to know what people think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the poem! With porcupines, some of them never learn... our Nikki seemed to operate on the "you hurt me last time, this time I'm going to kill you" principal... three times, always after regular vet hours, ergo many hundreds of $$$.

    ReplyDelete